Up until now, the ceiling fan remote was the greatest invention since the ceiling fan! No more getting out of bed and walking over to a light switch to control your fan. Many of us have become experts at reaching over to the bedside table and hitting the button on the remote to turn our fans on or off without opening our eyes or even fully waking up. That is, if you remember to put the remote by your beside. Because, of course, it’s the same remote we use to turn the lights on and off when we enter and exit the room. Finding a second matching remote so you have have one by the door and one by the bed? That was the Holy Grail of fan control. Until now.
- “Alexa, fan on!”
- “Alexa, fan speed 3”
- “Alexa, turn on the light”
- “Alexa, turn off the light”
- “Alexa, fan off”
- “Alexa, turn off the lights in the kid’s room!”
Setting up the Bond is a fairly straight-forward process and can done in 15 minutes or less. The main steps are as follows:
- Plug in your Bond Device
- Download Bond App for your phone. With this you will create your Bond account and get your Bond connected to the internet.
- Record your fan remotes’ commands using the original remotes and the Bond . You’ll navigate this process with the phone App.
- Add the Alexa Bond Home Skill to your Alexa through the Alexa App on your phone.
- The Alexa app will ask to discover devices and will discover the fans and associated lights that have been added to your Bond Device.
Now you can use your voice to control your ceiling fans and their lights!
Read reviews and learn more about the BOND at Amazon.com